Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Counting my Vote

After I voted I met a man who gave me a big smile and asked me how I was. I said "Great! I just voted!" He answered "Me too, and for the first time, ever, in my life!" This man was in his late forties, early fifties. We talked very briefly about how exhilarated that single action of voting makes you; you get this sense of pride, even if nobody else in the surrounding booths agrees with you, you vote how you feel. When he noticed my "I Voted" sticker, he said "Damn you got a sticker, why didn't they give me one?" I pulled off my sticker and gave it to him. He put it on and said he would wear it all day. I suspect, he will be wearing that smile too.





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bun

The Bun
If you don't like rabbits, you can suck it, shove it and then go soak your head.