Sunday, April 27, 2014

Second Thought

So, I just almost got the Heimlich from my brother.  We just started dinner and on my first bite I started choking.  It was a small piece of a plain veggie burger, but somehow it went down wrong.  Coughing and coughing, he wanted me to tell him if I was choking, but I was too busy choking.  He said "You're turning BLUE!"  I got up and ran to the bathroom to cough/vomit it up.  My throat is still hoarse from it.

Todd says I needed to communicate that I was choking better.  You know, the hands to my throat motion.  I counter with I was too busy choking to figure out signals.  Simply, I think I scared him.  I scared me too.

What's interesting is that this happened while I was eating at my parents' house.  I've been sensitive to a single person choking alone for years.  Somehow, I don't think Peanut nor Pickle would be much help in a repeat situation.

In a second people.  In a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bun

The Bun
If you don't like rabbits, you can suck it, shove it and then go soak your head.