Friday, June 26, 2015

Above the Clouds

This is a monumental day for equality.  For the surety in the concept that love is love.  I am lucky and proud to have beautiful and loving people in my life that I can share in the victory of this.  But not Jason.  I can't tweet him.  Can't tag him in photos.  Can't celebrate with him in any way.  There is his gravestone.

Jason was mocked, teased, ridiculed, ostracized and even beaten up on the way to his car leaving work at night.  He contemplated suicide multiple times, giving away some of his belongings each time.  We would sit in his car and he would cry to me, asking why couldn't he be straight so he could marry me and then everything would be fine.  His family would love him, the world would accept him and he wouldn't have to live in fear anymore.

He never dreamt this day would or could come.  He couldn't imagine it.  He was tortured into believing he was less and worthless.  Not the sweet, funny, creative, forgiving, loyal and beautiful human he was.  It became too much and he couldn't fight anymore.

My joy does feel incomplete without him.  But a light is shining so bright, I can see a lot of happiness from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bun

The Bun
If you don't like rabbits, you can suck it, shove it and then go soak your head.