Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Not Ribbed For My Pleasure

Last night while hanging out at my parents', enjoying the first night of Todd being back from Texas, I did something many people do in the stretch of a normal day.  I leaned.  I leaned over the arm of the couch plugging in the charger to my phone when all of a sudden there was a loud pop on the left side of my ribcage.  I squealed, then froze, then did the thing where a person asks you what's wrong but you are in too much pain and too startled to answer.  So I sat there.  Waiting for it to not have happened.

But it did.  So The Moms, the ever wonderful and tolerant and graceful under my grumpy pressure Mom, drove me to Urgent Care and we ran the rounds.  He couldn't say for sure it was broken by the x-rays, it would take a CT scan for sure.  But my chest cavity isn't filled with air or blood!  YAY!  It is most likely the joint at the end that I popped and is making the whole rib all the way to the breatplate throb.  And me groan and wince everytime I get up, lie down, pick up something, take a deep breath and forget about bending to get something on the floor.  My neighbor heard me carrying up my laundry last night and came out to see what I was doing.  I started laughing.   

Since the treatment for a broken rib is the same for a cracked or a dislocated one, (I have two ribs on that left side in the back that are in a constant state of dislocating) he ordered a rib belt.  It has made 'some' difference.  Todd thought it was a weird thing to give a Vegan, a belt of ribs.  He also wished he had a belt to keep ribs in, easy for snacking. 

If you need me, I'll be not lifting things, or not getting up, or not raising my hands, and so on.


1 comment:

The Bun

The Bun
If you don't like rabbits, you can suck it, shove it and then go soak your head.