Monday, January 3, 2022

Have A Slice

In 2008, I was anxiously and nervously driving my very very very sick bunny to his vet. I was talking to him the entire way. Making bargains, and promises. The magical thinking that comes with that fear of losing your loved one. Yes, he was my loved one. As we drove past Clearfield, from the freeway I spied a classic favorite pizza place, The Circle Inn. In my magical thinking mode I made The Bun a promise: when he got better, we'd order a Circle Inn pizza to celebrate. 


He never came home. I never went to The Circle Inn again.


The Circle Inn burned down to the ground last night. It's just gone. 


I think I'll have pizza for dinner tonight, just to celebrate being alive.







No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bun

The Bun
If you don't like rabbits, you can suck it, shove it and then go soak your head.