Thursday, February 28, 2013

Storytelling

I have been trying to read the same paragraph for over an hour now. I can't pay attention to the words on the page, I just seem to stare and absorb nothing so I start again. And again. The book is about the art of telling stories and all I seem to be is distracted by the story of the people in my life and how it ultimately swirls around and impacts mine, as my story impacts theirs. I have always thought I had a story to tell, but how to tell it, and when?

This blog is bits and pieces of my story, and I am finding out more people than I knew or imagined are reading it. At first it was just my Mom, extended family and close friends (I only knew because they told me in person) then it grew to Russian and Korean cyber bots cruising the web. I like to think someone in Russia is getting an unintentional lesson about the humor in cervical cancer and doesn't even know it. I am finding out that more people here (now that I link the blog through facebook) are reading it as well. I am always stunned, a bit embarrassed and then immediately curious as to what they thought. Were they inspired? Pissed off? Bored? Confused? Then, I consider, if they told me, would I change anything? Nope. Would I argue my point? Most likely.

I don't know for sure what my story is. I do know how more and more amazed I am every day that I get another chance to keep on trying to tell it.


1 comment:

The Bun

The Bun
If you don't like rabbits, you can suck it, shove it and then go soak your head.