Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sing a Song

I telegraph most of my actions through song. Yup, when I am in the kitchen making popcorn I start singing "I love popcorn, yummy yummy popcorn. Popcorn popcorn popcorn. Gonna eat it up." It isn't the same every time, I just start singing and whatever happens happens. Just now with my Bunny Boys, I got them some hay and I started in on hay, and hay time and yummy and it ended in a big YEAH FOR HAY! This is all day long. Pickle has a jingle. Peanut has his own. "Its da PICKLE TIME!" and he knows it is time to run around like a maniac let loose in a horror film. Peanut gets a softer refrain of "Peanut Peanut Peanut, I love Peanut" and I announce his presence as you would a royal "There's the Peanut!"

I am either singing out loud or in my head at all times. Even in my sleep. In conversations, phrases and words remind me of songs and I have to sing them out (ask J.D.) so this singing goofball nonsense made-up songs when I am alone is the product of not having the call-and-answer trigger effect of interacting with other human beings. So, the saying is you know you are losing it when you start talking to yourself, and then you know you are truly far gone when you start answering back. Suppose I should look out for white coats any day now.









No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bun

The Bun
If you don't like rabbits, you can suck it, shove it and then go soak your head.