Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day of the Not Dead

One year ago today at this time I was having parts of me removed. The parts you associate with being a woman, life and promise. The journey of a lifetime started with that removal of all future life outside of me being erased, and the clean start made just for me. Anniversaries mark celebrated events that occur every year; today is traditionally known as All Saints Day, or Day of the Dead. I see it as the day existence came into focus; everything that mattered, mattered and nothing else did.

I could not have done this without all of the love and support from my family, friends and those of you on the inter-webs I haven't even met in person. You have given me so much, so much more than you could possibly know. To be able to come on here an spill the contents of my heart and mind when my body was failing me in ways I could not have imagined. I admit at times I doubted my promise, but never the love. Never the love.

My Mom just called to sing Happy Anniversary. It so is.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bun

The Bun
If you don't like rabbits, you can suck it, shove it and then go soak your head.