Saturday, June 20, 2015

Where There's Smoke

My building is a no-smoking building. In truth the rules state you are supposed to smoke twenty feet away. But we all know that's not how it goes. So when I just went outside to take out my garbage to the dumpster,there sits my neighbour in front of her door filling up the breezeway with smoke.

There is just enough of a gap in my front door and the frame for all that smoke to come right on inside. So I've learned, and I cram it with rags when there are smokers.

I'm on the phone with my Mom, gabbing about the day, giggling about jokes my Dad made. What I say next, I say with no hidden dirty intent, no joking, simply innocent fact.

Me- "Well, I better go stuff my crack so no smoke gets in."

Mom- Starts laughing so much she stops breathing.

Me- "I just heard it."

Mom- She laughed/cried for ten minutes.

She was still laughing when we got off the phone and I told her to go blow her nose. No need to wonder where I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bun

The Bun
If you don't like rabbits, you can suck it, shove it and then go soak your head.