Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Half Baked

I talk to the television.  Not like my Dad does, he gets riled up at the news and commercials.  Okay, I would scream profanities at the Arby's ads if I allowed them to play, but DVRs are a wonderful thing.  No, my talking to the television is more along the lines with plot and character development.

I hold my hands up in mock despair when a character does something that has either nothing to do with their beliefs and original story line or there is an action that completely contradicts their core. I end up saying "well that was stupid" a lot.  Or, "why was that even necessary?" 

This talking to myself (or muttering) continued into daily actual for realsies out-of-doors life while I was shopping last week.  I was trying to pick out the best hot dog buns.  I don't buy hot dog buns on the regular.  I splurged and bought some fancy vegan kielbasa (bring it on Jeff) so I needed some buns.  As I stood there, weighing the cons of this brand and reading the ingredients of this other, I heard myself, chittering away.  Then I noticed the bread-man stocking shelves.

Me - "So, lucky you.  You got to hear my one way conversation with my crazy self."

Bread-Man - "You should hear me.  We drive ourselves crazy in order to stop ourselves from going crazy."

*Side note.  With the heat being so overbearing I have been opining about changing the expression of "The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread" to "The Best Thing Since Air-Conditioning" because I mean in the history of things I would think we as a human race could survive with having to slice our own bread.  I'm team Air-Conditioner.  Except for my Bread-Man.  He's the best thing to happen to sliced bread and rationalizations.







No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bun

The Bun
If you don't like rabbits, you can suck it, shove it and then go soak your head.