Thursday, August 11, 2022

Hopelessly Devoted

I wanted to be three things when I was young: Charlie Bucket, an astronaut/ballerina (sure technically that's two but I make the rules) and most of all, I wanted to be Olivia Newton-John.
My neighbors and I would "play" Grease. How does someone "play" Grease you ask? Great question, I'll tell you. 😉
First you need your neighbor's mother's old pantyhose. About three pairs. Then you cut holes in the side of the control top of each pair of panty hose that have runs and tears and old nail polish 💅 on the runs so that when you and your two friends step into the hose and pull them up to your chest the control top is now a tube top and the panty hose section is a demented taupe "Solid Gold" wannabe dance costume, with 80s flowered little girl undies bunching up underneath.
THEN - you sing and dance and dance and sing and sing and giggle and sing to the Grease album.
I would always "play" Sandy because my hair feathered. 🤷‍♀️ Like I said, I made the rules.
I sang all the lines (even if it wasn't my turn I still sang it quietly.)
I was really good at playing Grease.
I will never stop wanting to be Olivia Newton-John.
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bun

The Bun
If you don't like rabbits, you can suck it, shove it and then go soak your head.