Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Redundacy of Dunces

A Facebook friend posted about 10 words that we are most likely misusing. We think we have a clear understanding of the definition, have been using them pretty much most of our lives, but when it comes down to their use in conversation we botch it. One of the words was redundant, which I have to say wasn't a problem for me and also was used in a most fantastic conversation with my Doc while I was having a little in office procedure. I had a little fatty tumor (lipoma) just below my right butt cheek above my right rear thigh that they wanted removed to check for any cancer. Needless to say, with my rear in the air and time to kill while My Doc numbed me up and removed the offending blob, conversation got interesting.

It started with a couple shots of lidocaine and then as he started to remove the tumor, he mentions how their might be a scar and how the area around the tumor was a bit redundant anyway.

Me: "Is that what you say? Oh, check out the redundancy on her? She's got a Redundant-dunk!"
Doc: Couldn't keep on with the procedure. He was laughing so hard I had to crane my head around to see if he was okay.

He had to give me more lidocaine because it wasn't enough, so I made another joke about being a cartoon character Numb Bum.

The definition of redundant is superfluous: no longer needed or wanted. I would say with the removal of that tumor, my Doc and I have a pretty good understanding of the word.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bun

The Bun
If you don't like rabbits, you can suck it, shove it and then go soak your head.