Saturday, July 6, 2013

Smiling's my Favorite

I smile at everyone as I pass them.  If you smile back I might even say hello.   Particularly with elderly people, I have had some fantastic interactions.  Today at the University Hospital it was no exception. 

I am standing outside waiting for the valet to return my car and an elderly gentleman is sitting at a table waiting as well.  I greet him, and he asks how my day is.  I tell him how happy I am it isn't a hundred degrees anymore and smile so big my face hurts a little. 

We wait in silence a bit longer but when his vehicle arrives, he creeks out of his seat and hunches over to me in a two step shuffle.  He gets really close, puts his hand on my arm and while squeezing it tenderly he says to me "If I wasn't married I'd make your day so much better."

I clasp his hand in thanks as I laugh so loudly it echoed all the way up the mountain over Huntsman.  He did make my day so much better.  He did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bun

The Bun
If you don't like rabbits, you can suck it, shove it and then go soak your head.