Friday, November 29, 2013

It's a Conundrum Charlie Brown

Was anyone else confused by Peppermint Patty? I always thought she was a boy and Marcie had a crush on her/him and that explained why she followed her around everywhere. I knew Patty had a thing for Chuck, and he loved the little red haired girl, but I had this tangled Peanuts' love triangle all secret in my head. All because I was too embarrassed to admit I couldn't tell if Peppermint Party was a gay man in love with Charlie Brown, a girl in active wear with a husky voice prone to giving nick names to her amours, or the lesbian president of the Charlie "Chuck" Brown Club.

I'm forty-two and I finally know one thing for sure by now about Peanuts. Woodstock is a little yellow Mr. Bean and I still giggle when I see him on screen. I hope it doesn't take another forty years to resolve my issues with Miss Piggy and how poorly she treats Kermit.





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bun

The Bun
If you don't like rabbits, you can suck it, shove it and then go soak your head.