Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Marching to the Madness

I dislocated my right knee in my sleep.  All I did was turn over, I wasn't doing any Ka-Raw-Tay moves in my dreams or anything like that.  Just MY body being MY body.  Trouble is, it either isn't all the way back in joint or there is some other damage.  It keeps sticking in the bent position and then I scream for a bit, then try to maneuver it flat/straight.  Going to see if I can get in for an appointment and an X-Ray tomorrow.

It is my good leg as well as my driving one, so I didn't get over to the house to do my bracket in person.  My Mom filled mine in over the phone so my Dad and Todd can't accuse me of cheating for doing it on the day March Madness starts.  I'll just say that I love watching the 8 vs 9 games, but picking the winners can make or break your whole bracket.  I'm already feeling the excitement for the tournament, and twinges of regret for some of my difficult choices.

On my neighbor Misty and the kitty She-Ra front, there is much drama.  Misty is miserable, the kitty is now outside somewhere.  I have been driving around looking for her after the other neighbor Tanky McDrunkerson let her out because she was too busy being drunk to bother to get litter, then she complained that She-Ra peed on her couch.  I gave her a litter box, food bowls, (Misty gave her a huge bag of food) but she bought beer instead.  I have since bought more kitty food, more litter (in case she comes back they won't have an excuse until I can get She-Ra to Misty's brother's) and have the food and water outside my door hoping she'll come back.  Misty finally returned my call today to say her brother wants the cat, this was after two phone calls were intervened by the boyfriend.  Misty just can't function like a lot of us, I don't hold her to the same expectations.  Not having her cat with her is actually destroying her.  When she showed up here so desperate and not knowing what to do, she asked me to kill her.  Truly. 

I mistakenly have high expectations of people, often.  Which in turn leads to disappointment.  My Mom keeps on telling me I can't save everyone.  Even if I know this, an innocent animal is suffering because no one is being a responsible adult here.  Misty needs care.  She-Ra needs care. 

Sometimes, there aren't enough Oreos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bun

The Bun
If you don't like rabbits, you can suck it, shove it and then go soak your head.